Monday 9 September 2013

First Things First


Fritillaria imperialis- Dunedin Botanic Gardens (10/9/2013)
As a student of the Royal Botanic Gardens of Edinburgh I have completed one year of the Horticulture with Plantsmanship degree course. In lieu of entering straight into the second year, I have opted to undertake a year of work experience to supplement my academic studies. Over the next ten months this blog will document my time spent as a Student Trainee with the Dunedin Botanic Gardens on the South Island of New Zealand.  However, I intend for my subsequent ramblings to act as more than merely a diary of my day-to-day endeavours. What follows here, in addition to being a chronicle of my work within the Gardens, will hopefully also facilitate communication and information exchange between Dunedin and the Royal Botanic Gardens of Edinburgh (as well as anybody else that may have a question or two along the way). So don’t be shy! Comments and feedback of all sorts will be warmly welcomed.  Queries can also be emailed to craighuggan@hotmail.com. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment